- Composition: 100% TENCEL™ lyocell
- Eco-friendly water-based ink is being used for the inside prints and the inner care label is made from organic cotton with water-based print, sourced from Portugal.
Supply chain & origin:
Here a breakdown of activities and countries, including our suppliers and where they source their raw materials from:
- Design: Sweden
- Product development process: Sweden & Germany
- TENCEL™ material production for all our shirts: Portugal; TENCEL™ wood fibers sourced from Lenzing in Austria
- Clothes production/sewing factory: Portugal (GOTS certified)
Sustainability & health impact:
- Sustainable material & production process: The top is made from high-quality 100% TENCEL™, a sustainable and FSC-certified wood fiber that is produced in a zero waste process where 99% of the non-toxic solvent and water are reused.
- Sustainable & certified wood fibers: The wood pulp comes from sustainably managed trees including eucalyptus, pine, spruce and birch trees, mainly from Europe. The wood is certified according to recognized sustainability criteria, such as the FSC® and PEFC™ standards. Lenzing and Tripulse support the preservation of endangered and primeval forests. That means you can rest assured that no wood or pulp is derived from primeval forests from the Amazon Region, Canada or Russia, or from any of the other endangered rainforests in Indonesia or West Africa. The timber made use of is generated by thinning, a practice applied in sustainable foresting. That means that the timber that is unsuitable for high-grade products, such as furniture, finds a meaningful purpose in the production of botanic fibers.
- Free from microplastics & compostable: The TENCEL™ fibers are free from microplastics and are certified as biodegradable and compostable, meaning that they can fully revert back to nature in a relatively short amount of time, unlike conventional synthetic clothes.
- Health-& skin-friendly material: The dyed material is free from harmful chemicals and Oekotex Standard 100 Class 1 certified.
- Requires less water and no toxic chemicals compared to conventional cotton and bamboo fibers.
- Less smell, less washing: TENCEL™ is naturally resistant to odor growth and antibacterial which means that you don’t have to wash it after every single workout - and this way it saves you valuable water, energy and time.
- Durable: If you follow the care instructions, this top will last you a long time.
- Eco-friendly prints: All prints are made from water-based inks which are eco- and health-friendly as they contain water instead of plastics and no harmful chemicals. They are “Organic 100 Content Standard” certified.
- Eco-friendly trims: We take no short-cuts and ensure that also our trims are as sustainable as possible. The prints are made from water-based ink and the care label from organic cotton with water-based print, sourced from Portugal.
- Ethical production: Both the material and the final top are ethically made by our GOTS certified production partners in Portugal - that includes amongst others no child labor, fair wages and a healthy and secure working environment.
Care & usage instructions:
- Machine-wash at max. 40 degrees Celsius
- Don’t bleach
- Iron up to 150 degrees Celsius, leave out the prints, and iron only if necessary
- Hang to dry, don’t tumble-dry
- Professional dry-cleaning in mild cleaning process
- Wash inside-out with like colors
- Use mild detergent and no fabric softener (we recommend choosing environmentally - & health friendly detergents)
- It might slightly shrink after the first wash due to its natural origin (we considered this shrinkage in our sizing guide)
- We recommend to air-dry instead of washing it after every use
"End of life" treatment:
To ensure you can keep and love your clothes for a long time, and to prolong its life as much as possible, here a list of things we recommend to do:
- Swap with friends
- Resell as second-hand
- Repair or bring to a repair shop
- Have fun with them and repurpose them to a new piece of clothes or other product
Should the quality no longer be so that you can do any of the above, we recommend to do:
- Best to bring to a local textile collection or recycling station