Tripulse Workout Leggings & Shorts - Know me better
Original TENCEL™ Workout Leggings with side & hidden pockets and Made to Move shorts
- Composition main material: 84 % TENCEL™ lyocell & 16% Roica® V550 (more eco-friendly version of elastane), ethically made in Portugal.
- Composition waistband: 60% certified organic cotton & 40% natural rubber, ethically made in Austria.
- Eco-friendly water-based ink is being used for the inside prints and the inner care label is made from organic cotton with water-based print, sourced from Portugal.
Supply chain & origin:
Here a breakdown of activities and countries, including our suppliers and where they source their raw materials from:
- Design: Sweden
- Product development process: Sweden & Germany
- TENCEL™ & Roica® V550 material production for our leggings and shorts: Germany; TENCEL™ wood fibers sourced from Lenzing partner in Turkey, and Roica® V550 sourced from Germany
- Natural rubber & organic cotton elastic band production: Austria and Germany; raw material sourced from Malaysia and Turkey (GOTS certified)
- Clothes production/sewing factory: Portugal (GOTS certified)
Regarding the GOTS certification criteria, you can find them here: https://global-standard.org/the-standard/gots-key-features/ecological-and-social-criteria.
Sustainability & health impact:
- Sustainable material & production process: Made from 84% TENCEL™ by Lenzing and 16% Roica® V550. TENCEL™ is a sustainable and FSC-certified wood fiber that is produced in a zero waste process where 99% of the non-toxic solvent and water are reused. Roica® V550 is a much more eco-friendly version of the conventional elastane and is certified as “Cradle-to-Cradle Material Health Gold”.
- Sustainable and certified wood origin: The wood pulp comes from sustainably managed trees including eucalyptus, pine, spruce and birch trees, mainly from Europe. The wood is certified according to recognized sustainability criteria, such as the FSC® and PEFC™ standards. Lenzing and Tripulse support the preservation of endangered and primeval forests. That means you can rest assured that no wood or pulp is derived from primeval forests from the Amazon Region, Canada or Russia, or from any of the other endangered rainforests in Indonesia or West Africa. The timber made use of is generated by thinning, a practice applied in sustainable foresting. That means that the timber that is unsuitable for high-grade products, such as furniture, finds a meaningful purpose in the production of botanic fibers.
- Biodegradable & compostable: Our TENCEL™ and Roica® V550 combination material is biodegradable and compostable, meaning that it can fully revert back to nature in a relatively short amount of time, unlike conventional synthetic clothes.
- Health-& skin-friendly material: The dyed materials are free from harmful chemicals and are Oekotex Standard Class 2 certified.
- Requires less water and no toxic chemicals compared to conventional cotton and bamboo fibers.
- Less smell, less washing: TENCEL™ is naturally resistant to odor growth and antibacterial which means that you don’t have to wash it after every single workout - and this way it saves you valuable water, energy and time.
- Durable: If you follow the care instructions, they will last you a long time.
- Eco-friendly inside print: All prints are made from water-based inks which are eco- and health-friendly as they contain water instead of plastics and no harmful chemicals. They are “Organic 100 Content Standard” certified.
- Eco-friendly trims: We take no short-cuts and ensure that also our trims are as sustainable as possible. The prints are made from water-based ink and the care label from organic cotton with water-based print, sourced from Portugal.
- Ethical production: The material is ethically made by our partner in Germany, and the final product is sewn by our production partner in Portugal - that includes amongst others no child labor, fair wages and a healthy and secure working environment.
If you want to learn more how you are making an impact through Tripulse, visit our sustainability page here.
Care & usage instructions:
- Machine-wash at max. 40 degrees Celsius
- Don’t bleach
- Don’t tumble-dry
- Iron in low temperatures up to 110 degrees Celsius, leave out the prints and embroidery
- Don’t dry-clean
- Wash inside-out with like colors
- Use mild detergent and no fabric softener (we recommend choosing environmentally - & health friendly detergents)
- They might slightly shrink after the first wash due to their natural origin (we considered this shrinkage in our sizing guide)
- The leggings and shorts can be used for all kinds of workout intensities. We don’t recommend using them for mountain climbing or any other high-abrasion activities to maintain their beautiful touch and look.
- Due to its natural origin it is normal that small pieces of the natural fiber can appear on the surface. These will be hardly visible and prove that we are serious and proud about its natural heritage.
"End of life" treatment:
To ensure you can keep and love your clothes for a long time, and to prolong their life as much as possible, here a list of things we recommend to do:
- Swap with friends
- Resell as second-hand
- Repair or bring to a repair shop
- Have fun with them and repurpose them to a new piece of clothes or other product
Should the quality no longer be so that you can do any of the above, we recommend to do:
- Best to bring to a local textile collection or recycling station