Sustainability & health impact
- Sustainable material & production process: The workout leggings are made from 84% TENCEL™ by Lenzing and 16% Roica® V550. TENCEL™ is a sustainable and FSC-certified wood fiber that is produced in a zero waste process where 99% of the non-toxic solvent and water are reused. Roica® V550 is a much more eco-friendly version of the conventional elastane and is certified as “Cradle-to-Cradle Material Health Gold”.
- Sustainable and certified wood origin:The wood pulp comes from sustainably managed trees including eucalyptus, pine, spruce and birch trees, mainly from Europe. The wood is certified according to recognized sustainability criteria, such as the FSC® and PEFC™ standards. Lenzing and Tripulse support the preservation of endangered and primeval forests. That means you can rest assured that no wood or pulp is derived from primeval forests from the Amazon Region, Canada or Russia, or from any of the other endangered rainforests in Indonesia or West Africa. The timber made use of is generated by thinning, a practice applied in sustainable foresting. That means that the timber that is unsuitable for high-grade products, such as furniture, finds a meaningful purpose in the production of botanic fibers.
- Biodegradable & compostable: Our TENCEL™ and Roica® V550 combination material is biodegradable and compostable, meaning that it can fully revert back to nature in a relatively short amount of time, unlike conventional synthetic clothes.
- Climate Neutral Certified: Tripulse including all our products are Climate Neutral Certified. We measured and offset our entire carbon footprint including that of our products, driving investment into natural climate solutions and reached net zero carbon emissions.
- Health-& skin-friendly material: The dyed materials are free from harmful chemicals and are Oekotex Standard Class 2 certified.
- Requires less water and no toxic chemicals compared to conventional cotton and bamboo fibers.
- Less smell, less washing: TENCEL™ is naturally resistant to odor growth and antibacterial which means that you don’t have to wash it after every single workout - and this way it saves you valuable water, energy and time.
- Durable: If you follow the care instructions, these fitness leggings will last you a long time.
- Eco-friendly inside print: All prints are made from water-based inks which are eco- and health-friendly as they contain water instead of plastics and no harmful chemicals. They are “Organic 100 Content Standard” certified.
- Eco-friendly trims: We take no short-cuts and ensure that also our trims are as sustainable as possible. The prints are made from water-based ink and the care label from organic cotton with water-based print, sourced from Portugal.
- Ethical production: The material is ethically made by our partner in Germany, and the final leggings are sewn by our GOTS certified production partner in Portugal - that includes amongst others no child labor, fair wages and a healthy and secure working environment.
If you want to learn more how you are making an impact through Tripulse, visit our sustainability page here.